Monday, November 23, 2009

He is Faithful.

Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, 
for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4

Oh man...God has been so faithful this last week. And coincidentally, Bryan's message was titled "God is Faithful" Bahaha Perhaps it wasn't a coincidence...

I've been fairly antsy the last week or so stressing about things I need to get done before Thanksgiving vacation, getting somewhat annoyed with issues with the boys, worrying about siblings back home, thinking about the transition that the River Center is going through and just wanting to be HOME again!

I've felt so distant. Like I don't really know what's happening with all these people that have been in my life for so long and it's been driving me CRAZY! I've been thinking a lot about what it's gonna be like when I go home. Wondering if it will still feel like home. Because I've changed. I'm not who I was. But no one in Oregon has seen the process of me changing. So when I get back, everyone will still treat me like I was the old Brittney. Expecting the same things from me.

Anyways, So...I've been mildly emotional. =) Ok...maybe it wasn't so "mildly" because the boys noticed it. haha. But last week God just began calming my heart in different ways.

He's shown me that while I've been concerned about going "home" and getting anxious for my plane to leave, that my attitude has been wrong this whole time. THIS is my home right now. Because the definition of a home is: The usual residence of a person, family, or household. OR the place in which one's domestic affections are centered. And right now I live in St. Louis. This is where God has placed me. THIS is my home. Never again will I only have one home. Because even when/if I leave here and move back to Oregon, a part of me will always consider this to be my home. And that's not something that should freak me out, it should actually be exciting to me. =) I am part of a family that is much bigger than the Gerigs or the Calahans.


Ok, So.....Wednesday we had a meeting with Curt. It was our monthly "relationship meeting" and the four of us got super deep and personal about issues we've been having with each other. Honestly, it was pretty intense. But it ended really well. And afterward I felt a huge weight lifted off my back. The awkwardness was gone. (Thank God! I was about to lose my mind...)

Friday night we had a surprise party for a friend. We all had a great time. The whole night Dillon was trying to get people to pray and worship....no one was interested in that moment. lol So...after a bunch of people left, there was like 6 of us still there and someone got out the guitar. =) Me gusta. It was an amazing time of prayer and worship! And JUST what I needed! God spoke to Dillon about Cory. And calmed my heart about that whole situation.

Then last night we had a prayer and worship night to pray for Mobilise USA. And I'm not gonna lie, I was distracted. I was thinking about things that I'm stressed about and having a really hard time focusing. So, we started to pray for specific people that we want to come to Mobilise. Then Dillon said that thought we should pray for me and my influence in Oregon. So, as this group of people is praying for me, I just began to see God's heart for the River Center. And how He wants us to prosper. He has placed the River Center in this family of churches for a purpose and it's so exciting to be a part of it! And what's even more exciting to me is that He wants to us ME to convey that love and vision of New Frontiers to the River Center! Gah! Scary! But exciting all at the same time. Hearing them all pray over me made me realize something, I don't have to be concerned about what people are going to see me as when I go home. Because, God has already prepared the way. HE is already preparing people's hearts for what I'm going to say. And More amazing than that, HE is already preparing what I'm going to say! Because, I surely don't know what the heck it's gonna be. =)

Anyways, this whole week has been an amazing reminder of just how good God is to me.

I'm excited for Thanksgiving break! =)
It's gonna be a BLAST!
AHH! I just wanna scream! =)

K....I'm gonna go finish my reading, and get things together for Wednesday! We're leavin at the crack of dawn! =)

Love and Miss you all!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Brit!
    It is so cool to know that you are praying for the River Center...Warren and I appreciate that a lot. We have been going through a bunch of transitions, as you know...new building, new pastor, NewFrontiers. All great ones, but change is not easy. It is prayer that will cover us and keep us strong, so thank you!
    I am so looking forward to meeting the new Brit and seeing/hearing what God has done in you. Let me tell you...you SOUND different! :) When I spoke with you on the phone, the first thing I thought was..."She sounds like she is in love!" And you know what? You are! Jesus has captured your heart and you have been changed! It is so beautiful and precious. St. Louis will always hold a dear part of your heart...you became a new person there. I love how the Lord spoke to you about "home." I felt that way about Washington when we moved there. I thought I would never be at ease there and always long for Lebanon. But, as God used me and I fell in love with my "family" there, He changed my heart. Washington became my home and I loved it there. Then, God called us back to Lebanon and it was probably one of the hardest things to do, to leave my family. :) But, God's ways are always best and to follow His lead=there is nothing better.
    Brit, we are so proud of you! Don't be anxious about coming home. We welcome you with open arms and say BRING IT, GIRLFRIEND! :)
    XOXO,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, 8am is NOT the crack of dawn on Wednesday...but it still will be early and a long drive "home" to NE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Brit!!

    We are all so excited to have you back home! I love hearing all the amazing things God is teaching you! What a blessed year you are having. Some of my fondest memories are my year away to Bible college...Enjoy the rest of your time there. See you VERY soon!

    Love,
    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am overwhelmed with emotion right now.
    I am sad because I am not there to experience all these things with you and witness the changes that are taking place in my firstborn daughter.
    I am happy....no elated, that changes are taking place in your life and that God is becoming the center of your life. I love it that you are falling in love with Jesus and He has become your reason for living. I love it that, even though it is a little hard for me to swallow...you have made St. Louis your home. Because that tells me that you are definitely right where God wants you to be. You are a sentimentalist, and home hasa always been very dear to you. If you are able to call someplace home that you've only been for 3 months...it is God!
    Brit...I cannot wait to sit with you and pick you brain and hear all the stories that you have to tell...and I can't wait for you to share with the rest of the church what has taken place in your heart and in your life. This reunion will be so special. Only 26 more days by the way.... :)
    Don't you EVEN be anxious about coming home...we are ready baby!!!!! BRING IT ON!
    Love you more than you will ever know!
    Momma

    ReplyDelete