Sunday, December 6, 2009

Long time no see...

Dude! It feels like it's been forever since I've blogged.
Shame on me. =)

So...let's see.....since I last blogged, lots has happened. We'll just hit the highlights. =)

I went home for Thanksgiving and surprised everyone. THAT was a blast! I laid in bed every night for weeks thinking of different ways that I could show up and blow peoples' minds. =) It was pretty fun. I ended up not doing any of the things that I had planned. But all of the surprises were definitely successful!

A few nights before I left we were having a prayer night and God spoke through a few different people about me being a messenger to my church when I went back home. And I was so encouraged and excited to see what God wanted me to share.

I got the chance to hang out with a lot of people at our church Thanksgiving and tell them about some of the things that God was doing in my life. I also got the chance to share a little bit in church. (After I sat down I thought of like 5 more things I would have liked to share....oh well.)

But one of the hugest things was the way that God revealed to me exactly what it is that I need to pray for regarding the River Center. I see areas that need work, that I didn't see before. Because I was so wrapped up in what I was doing when I was still living there and everything was just "normal." But now that I've been away for awhile, and come back, I see things that God wants to do. Things that He wants to grow us in. And it's Exciting!!!

It was kind of a weird feeling to be home and around all these people that I've known my whole life. I guess I just wasn't sure what to expect because I've grown and changed so much in the last 3 months and I feel like everyone at home hasn't really seen that process so I was afraid that I would just be treated like the "old me." God did work on my heart and showed me that I didn't need to be afraid of that. And it was actually not nearly as weird as I had thought it would be. Although, my last night at home was a little bit emotional.

I didn't want to leave.
And I didn't want to stay.

After a LONG day of travel, I made it back to St. Louis. Had a rough night that night. Really stressing about what God wants me to do at the end of this year. And for some reason, it TOTALLY stresses me out to know that half of my possessions are in Oregon and half of them are in St. Louis. Not really sure why. But it does. =)

Had a little bit of a rough week back. Had an issue from the past come back up and I found myself realizing that I didn't actually remember a time when I had actually presented this particular issue to God. I guess, because I had felt like it was SO disgusting, SO wrong and SO much of a distraction, that I didn't even WANT to bother praying about it. Because that would mean I would have to think about it. God of course corrected this attitude in me a few days later....

Saturday morning we had a prophetic seminar at Jubilee. It was incredible! God spoke to so many people! And I learned so much! Amie had a word for me about the exact issue that I had dealt with that week. She said that she saw a picture of a door that was rusted shut. And I was TRYING to open it, but I wasn't strong enough. But that God wanted to actually restore this door and make it usable again. He wanted to show me the things behind this door that had been locked away and blocked off for so long.

This word of course related exactly to what God had been speaking to me that week! And actually one of the things that I had been praying for was that the prophecies that God had given to me when I was young would STILL be fulfilled! I felt like I had been praying into them when I was younger and first received them, but then as I got older and my relationship with God kinda went south, I locked them away and almost felt like I would never be able to access them. I KNOW that those thoughts aren't from God and the word from Amie really encouraged me to keep praying and believing that God still wants to do those things in my life!

Which leads me to my next point.... Tonight we had a random prayer/worship night at Daniel & Jason's house. I was just sitting, praying, thinking about things. And for some reason when I opened my eyes to look around, I caught Elijah's eye and I KNEW that he had a word for me. But...as the night went on.....he never said anything. Till we were kinda done...(or so I thought) And he said, "actually...I have something to share with Brittney" And I was like "I knew it!" =)

He said that God wanted to remind me that I don't need to worry about what is going to happen after this year. God has already prepared the way. These dreams that I've been having, God wants to fulfill. God wants to tell me to sing out. God gifted me in that area, he's given me a new song to sing to him, a song that no one has heard before, that's what He's created me to do.

What's amazing about this is that THIS is the exact thing that I've been praying for. As a little girl I had words spoken over me about the gift of prophetic worship. And I've seen glimpses of it....I've experienced it in small ways but I've gotta be honest, it scares me! It is NOT easy to just sing out when i don't know ahead of time the words that I'm going to sing!

Along with that, Caris had a word for me that I was a caterpillar and God wanted to remind me that he was going to turn me into a beautiful butterfly...when she started saying that, Dillon, Josiah and I started cracking up laughing/crying. She has no idea about "the caterpillar thing" =)

God is so Good. He has spoken to me about literally every one of the things that I've been struggling with and praying about this week. You can't TELL me that He's not faithful!

Tomorrow is my day off, but I'm kinda feeling like trying to get a little sleep. =)

Love and miss you all!
See you on the 21st!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful testimony Brit! God is So good!! I've been learning alot in that same area about not worrying about tomorrow...God already knows every detail of the rest of our days. I moved several different places/States after highschool and I remember being worried about what I would do next each time...It's so amazing to look back at those days now and see how smoothly they went...how every single time God opened up a new door for me at just the right time and I always knew what I was to do next...when the time came...He was always so faithful to reveal that to me when I needed to know. I still tended to worry everytime, but of course after I'd get to the next adventure I'd wonder why in the world I worried so much. =) Now that I've been through all those times I can see so clearly how perfectly he planned it all...I know the same will be for you!! Keep embracing where you are and enjoying this amazing adventure. God already knows what is coming next and there's no doubt in my mind He will lead you there and you will know what it is when you are supposed to. So thankful HE is in control!! Praying God's peace over you. You are loved!!

    Greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. Great post, B!

    It is so amazing how when you give God your time and patiently wait on Him, he speaks to you. You are right. He is SO FAITHFUL...great post and reminder for me. Thanks.

    Also, I *love* your new background. It is so cute! :)

    See you SOON!
    KS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, my goal was to be the first to comment this time...oh well, you are so loved by so many people, that I don't really care!

    You are such an encouragement to all of us! You are right, HE IS SO FAITHFUL....He will show you what He wants you to do, but not until He is ready. And the cool thing about that is, it will be the right time. You will be ready for whatever it is that He has for you.

    Brit, you have come through so many valleys and hard times and look where you are now, He has been faithful thus far and He is not gonna stop now. As far as those words that were spoken over you, He has probably just been waiting for you to ask Him to carry those out. He loves you so much, but you already know that ... >caterpillar<....

    Anyway, I love you, and I love your background Christmasness...it is so cute....

    See you in 13 days!!! Can't stinkin' wait....

    Momma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I had been at church that morning. Charlotte was really sick. Hopefully I'll catch you when you are here at Christmas.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete