Thursday, January 21, 2010

You are still God, I have a reason to sing...

Whew! Where to start?! =)

Christmas break: (I believe that's where i left off)
It was goooood to be home. Amazing to spend time with family and friends. It was awesome to see how God is changing our church. Change...although it SEEMS scary....is actually exciting. Because I trust that our leaders are hearing from God on the directions we're headed, any "obstacle" or "frustration" is so minor. I know that ultimately God will be glorified, His Will will prevail.

While I was home, there were multiple times when I was like "WHY am I here right now???" and I was really asking God to show me what it was that I was supposed to learn while I was home and how I could grow. And I was completely shocked at what it was. Although, I'm not quite ready to reveal it yet. =)

So...I get back from Christmas on Monday & the transition back into things was a little difficult. We had training week starting Tuesday. And it was AWESOME. We had a different speaker every session and we learned SO much. We talked about Self leadership, the future of New frontiers, Responsibility, Prophecy, Leaders as Servants, & Biblical Womanhood. Talk about Brain overload. =) It was awesome though to be with all of the other year-teamers again. We prayed a lot about our futures and what God would have us do this coming year when we're finished on FYT.

Training week kinda blended into Mobilise starting on Friday. We helped with set up and getting things organized. And I look up, only to see, WASHINGTON FRIENDS walking through the door. =) For some reason, it makes my heart warm to see people from back home. (Even if they're people I hardly know from Washington) haha... THEN later that evening, Warren & Kim, Brent & Nancy, and Jonah & Becky showed up. =) It was SOOOO good to see them. =) Not gonna lie, I was kinda attached to their hips while they were here. I was just SOOOO pumped for them to get to see the environment that I've been in for the last 4 months and to start to catch the vision of what God is doing all over the United States through New Frontiers.

It's such an exciting thing to be a part of. God really is moving and to be in the middle of that movement is so exciting. I just want to like....go back to Oregon....and shout to everyone I know about the amazing things God is doing. =)

Anyways...back to Mobilise. Dude....God showed up. Not that I was like worried that He wouldn't...but...it was still incredible. I had specifically been asking Him all week to just reveal to me His plan for this next year. And dude...did He ever! Not only did He reveal it, He gave me so much peace. (again, more about this to come at a later date)

One of the nights...I was sitting in my seat, and I just started laughing...because God reminded me of a promise that he gave me when I was like....13ish? Anyways...I was laughing because that promise coming true has been such a process that I didn't even realize it was happening...and now it's such a part of my life that I'd forgotten what it was like to NOT have that be a part of me! Point being: God is so faithful. =)

Overall, the entire weekend was just plain awesome. Lives were changed. And I'm like, spiritually high. =) I SO wish that ALL of my Oregon friends could have been there! We had a ton of fun hang out time but more importantly they got to see first hand what it's like to be a part of this amazing family of churches.

Warren got to stay a few extra days to meet with other New Frontiers leaders. So...I got to see him here in the office. That was pretty cool. =)

SO excited for Equipped for mission in February!!! Pretty sure we need to fill an entire plane with Northwest people for this conference. =) It's gonna be awesome.

So...honestly, I have alot more that I could probably say...however, I want to talk to the leaders here a bit more before I reveal everything that God spoke to me this weekend. =)

I leave you with this: God is faithful.

If you've been reading my blog consistently, I'm sure that you've seen that this is something that I mention quite often. But that's because it's something that I'm constantly blown away by! When I least expect it, God just knocks my socks off! =)

I'm in love... =P
(With God..)

Anyways! I've got a massive list of things to do today, so I'm gonna go ahead and get on that. =)

Love and miss you guys back on the homefront!

-Brit

1 comment:

  1. Brit,
    Thank you first of all for all the "hosting" things you, Renee and the "teamers" did for us to make our time at the Conference so awesome! We really had a blast in St. Louis and made some lifetime memories. We thouroughly enjoyed the speakers and the worship was absolutly refreshing...we are so looking forward to February and are working on bringing as many NW people as we can! :)
    Love you and can't wait to see you again!
    Thanks for the cool post.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete