Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The moment of in-between-ness....

Such bitter sweet feelings. I left St. Louis at 2pm. I arrive in Portland at 7pm.

Saying goodbye has been hard...harder that I expected. Partly because it seems like I've been slowly saying goodbye for the last 2 weeks.

Man oh man...I think I'm gonna have to take another time to re-cap on this year. There are too many words.

Here's where I'm at right now....
-I'm excited to see family and Oregon friends.
-I'm going to intensely miss my St. Louis friends.

It's so amazing how God knows what He's doing. In August when I was getting ready to move here, I was clinging to God for dear life because the future was uncertain and I was scared. Now, as I leave, something inside of me has changed. I know that God holds my future. I don't have it all planned out...but I know that He will guide my feet as I go...wherever it is that I'll be going. Don't get me wrong, there IS sadness- I am definitely sad. =P But, not afraid.

So....as I sit here in between my home and my other home, here are a few of the things that I'm going to miss... (in no particular order)

Things I miss about Lebanon:
1) The River Center
2) The silence of the country
3) Being able to get ANYWHERE in town in less than 15 minutes
4) Mountains
5) Old friends
6) Sum Yan
7) The "Turkey Way" and many other back roads
8) Knowing how to get pretty much anywhere.
9) Wal-mart Supercenter
10) Country Fair Produce
11) Strawberries
12) Old memories
13) Being close to the ocean





Things I miss about St. Louis:

1) The many noises of the city
2) 6 lane freeways
3) QT (It's 7-11 on steroids!)
4) New memories
5) Jubilee
6) Finding new places (which is NOT the same as getting lost)
7) Having COOL places to "cruise"
8) Target supercenter WITH a parking garage!
9) New friends
10) Panda Pavilion
11) Lunch on the roof
12) The best drinking water I've ever experienced
13) Tornados


Things I miss about Renee:
1) Our crazy kitchen cleanups after dinner every night
2) Discussions through the bathroom door
3) You-know-what on the way up the stairs (almost) every night
4) Facebook stalking (even though my skills in this far exceed yours haha)
5) Separate couches
6) TRUE friends (you know...)
7)The way you wander aimlessly, half-asleep around the kitchen in the mornings
8) Bob the builder
9) Feeling accomplished if we stay awake for an entire movie
10) Waiting for Farkle chips
11) Foreign *******
12) The "I-just-took-a-bite" noise
13) Fake fights
14) Watching Hulu together
15) You stealing my shoes
16) Your car door getting stuck
17) "I feel like..."
18) Maternity shirts (HA!)
19) Target trips

Got has blessed me beyond measure.
I can't wait to see what He does next!

1 comment:

  1. I just read the "things I miss about Renee" again and laughed so hard! Haha!

    P.S. I'm wearing one of my maternity shirts today. :) Haha! One day these might actually be used properly!

    ReplyDelete