Tuesday, March 30, 2010

This should be interesting...

I've got a bazillion thoughts twirling around in my head!

Thing #1)
I would like to say this...


....With Jesus. =)
Like, love love. Legit love.

God has been reminding me lately of things that He promised me long ago. Things that I'd been praying for...and I guess kinda stopped praying for....and I'm just now seeing how God had his hand in that situation when I didn't even realize it.

This whole realization was sparked by me remembering that I had asked God to help me change a specific thing about myself while I was away in St. Louis this year. And just the other day, I remembered that I USED to act a certain way, and now, that thought never even crosses my mind.

Today in the car (with Dill and Jo) we were talking about how we used to be when we first started year team. Remembering things that we used to argue about or habits we had. And in that moment, (although, I'm pretty sure the boys were unaware of this lol) I was overwhelmed with joy because God was showing me even MORE things in my life that have changed.

And I started to realize something, God is sending me home BECAUSE I'm a new person. So...there's no need to worry about whether or not I'll "fit in" the way that I used to. God has prepared the way. And God planned this from the beginning. That I would come to St. Louis, re-commit my life to Him, and fall in love with Him all over again.

Thing #2:
I am called to Lebanon, OR.
Ha.
It makes me laugh to say that. I guess because you typically hear people say things like, "God has called me to Africa" or "God has called me to minister to the poor in China" But, no.
God has called ME to Lebanon. Jealous? =) It's ok, you can be jealous. =)
I just had this discovery the other day. Thought I'd share it with all of ya's.

Thing #3:
GOD is faithful. HAVE I mentioned this in any post before? I feel like a broken record.
BUT here's the thing, at the beginning of year team, I stinkin had no confidence in the gifts God has given me. I mean, honestly, I had none. (Just ask the boys) And God has been So patient with me. The past few weeks I've really been trying to understand this certain gift that I know God has given me and I've been asking God to speak to me clearly, and then SHOW ME that it's Him speaking so that I can learn how to discern His voice from my own thoughts. And...at first I was like, "ok, maybe this is ridiculous to ask God to 'prove Himself' to me" BUT...I did it anyways, because I figured that the worst he could do was say no. =)
ANYWAYS, on Sunday...Dude....on SUNDAY. Well...let's just put it this way, God answers prayer. I was overwhelmed. And in love. And....hence the video at the beginning of those post. lol

Ok wow it's getting late.
I'm gonna go to bed now.

Oregon peeps- 2 months! =)
Missouri peeps- 2 months! =(

Ha. =P

1 comment:

  1. So, your post on my wall reminded me of your blog. Why? Because I thought that the whole post was going to be about MY blog at the beginning of the post. Why? Because you said "Blog-digity."

    I think it's interesting how God moves through people and answers their prayers. I think it's interesting that we never really realize what just happened until it's over (Well, not ALWAYS.).
    I do still read your blog when you post (rarely comment, though). I remember when you were really struggling with the decision of where you needed to be after the year team was over. Honestly, I didn't think it was going to be Lebanon.

    P.S. I do have a blog....*hint hint.* =)

    ReplyDelete