Saturday, September 5, 2009

I'm STILL in the Lou...

In case you were wondering where I'd gone...I'm still here. Just haven't taken the time to write lately! (Sorry mom!)

*deep breath*

It's been a pretty busy week! Started off great...with a beautiful baby being born, (my host family) meetings, discussions, random odd jobs....This week really did fly and thinking back I'm not even sure what occupied all my time. But SOMETHING obviously did cuz I didn't find much time to get my reading done! lol

Adara Lynn was born on Tuesday morning. She is gorgeous! They just got home from the hospital yesterday but I am VERY excited to have a new baby in the house!

On Wednesday we had the involvement fair on Webster University's campus. Then on Thursday we went to Wester again to do surveys. Oh Surveys. *sigh* So....as you probably know, (anyone who knows me knows this) being SUPER extroverted and just approaching people to do a survey, is NOT my favorite activity. I just...well...it doesn't come natural. So...it was me and the guys (Chris, Dillon, Josiah) plus Ryan in the car on the way there and we decided to pray for our day. And as we prayed I felt every ounce of worry or anxiousness leave me...and I was like, "ok, WHAT do I have to lose?"

So we got to the campus, split up into teams and headed out. We approached people and asked them if they would be interested in taking one of our surveys and if they did we would enter them in a drawing for one of two gift cards. Most people said yes. =)

There were 6 questions.
1) What are three words that best describe your life:
2) What is one thing you want to do before you die?
3) What do you think is beyond this life?
4) If a friend told you they wanted to be a Christian, what would you tell them or how would you explain that to them?
5) What would you say if someone told you that YOU could have a relationship with Jesus right now?
6) Would you be interested in meeting with other students to discuss questions like these?

So...basically...we were just trying to get the word out about our college group, (LATITUDE) and of course meet new people and maybe make them think a little.

But what was interesting to me was that when I was going into this i was thinking that I would meet some cool people that were kind of searching for something...but didn't know what. And I was praying that God would give me the right words to say to share the love of Jesus with them and perhaps build a little bit of a foundation to where I could keep in touch with them and eventually invite them to LATITUDE.

But what ACTUALLY happened was this: I found that my heart broke for a whole different type of people. It was the people that said that they weren't interested in talking about this kind of thing, or even the people that said, "I ALREADY have a relationship with God" but in the next sentence they said that they thought that when we died, nothing happened. And as I'm listening to these people answer these questions and even tell me a little about their lives, it breaks my heart because they just don't know. And the ones that do "know" don't really "KNOW!" Meaning, they were shown this twisted crazy picture of what being a Christian really is and they have a hard time viewing it as anything else.

Overall it was an awesome day there. Chris met a really cool guy and sat and talked to him for like an hour and a half. And one of the girls that Ryan talked to got saved!!! We were all pretty pumped when we got back from that day! =)

Ok...I've gotta speed this up...I'm exhausted.

Friday- volunteered at Buder Elementary. WOW!!! 1st graders are crazy little things!!! We had fun though :) Then that night we went to Gabe and Ali's house for a Wine and Dessert party. That was a blast! We ate WAY too much dessert and played Monopoly Deal. (New favorite) Then Renee and I came home......got ready for bed...and got a phone call to go to Amie and Rebekah's. =) MORE fun. And MORE monopoly deal. =)

Today we got up at a decent hour and went to Long Middle School to help the students from Washington University. We drew all kinds of fun things and projected them onto the wall for the other students to paint. Then tonight we went to Mike and Theresa's for a BBQ. TONS more fun and TONS more monopoly deal. Yes, I have a problem. I'm aware. lol

Anyways, Tomorrow's church. Then shopping day with the GIRLS. Oh BOY do I need some girl time! =) Definately looking forward to it!

Keep praying for me and the team. We're getting along alright but I KNOW that there are many challenges/growing opportunities ahead and we definately have alot of room to grow.

Miss you all....
Brit

1 comment:

  1. Brit..sounds to me like God is doing something very special in your heart...some of us pray that we will be able to see people the way that God sees people...I've prayed that before. But now you've got me thinking, "do I really mean that?" Do I really want my heart to break for people that are lost, because if I do then than means if God shows me someone like that, I'd better be ready to share Jesus with them, seriously! Its truly amazing to me, you being there, is even teaching me some things....
    I love you so much Brittney, and am so proud of you and so glad that God has placed you where you are for "such a time as this!"

    Jesus, Please keep Brittney safe and continue to show Yourself to her is such real ways. Thank you that you've brought her where she is, and continue to keep your loving hands upon her life. In Your amazing, lifegiving name....AMEN

    ReplyDelete