Sunday, September 27, 2009

Weekend fun-ness

Hmm...haven't blogged on here in awhile. (Sorry mom!)

Today was a wonderful day! In fact, this entire weekend has been wonderful.

Friday night was a blast. Went to the Chocolate Bar for Chelsea's birthday. Had a great time. =) Chelsea.................is HILARIOUS. =)

On Saturday, I got up early and went to the church building to help distribute Angel Food, then cleaned for an hour, then Renee, Dillon, and I went grocery shopping and came back to the house. Renee and I made breakfast (at noon) for everyone. =) Then we chilled all afternoon. Baked some fun things....ate dinner as a family....and went to a "21st birthday extravaganza" (3 people turned 21 in one week) The party was really fun....I'll post pictures soon. =)

Then today....got up early and went to church. The services were both really good! I love Bryan's preaching. I, of course, had to shed a few tears when we sang a couples songs that remind me of home. *sigh* ANYWAYS, there were two girls that were coming to Jubilee for the first time. Melissa and Chelsea. After church, a huge group of us went out to lunch at Kabob International. (Mediterranean food. YUM!) And BOTH of the girls came with us!

I was totally shocked.....they had both come to the service BY themselves, not knowing a single person. (They didn't know each other) And fit in SO amazingly! After lunch, Renee, Amie, Ali, Melissa and I went shopping at Target....for HOURS! =) It was a blast. =) I got to hear Ali and Melissa speak Mandarin...and it literally brought tears to my eyes....apparently I miss China more than I thought I did....=) Hmmmmm......

So now Renee and I are back home.....sitting on the couches.....reading.....(Well....I WAS reading till I remembered that I hadn't blogged in awhile.)

Sorry that this entry isn't filled with some cool story or interesting thing I learned lately. =)
Just an update on what I've been doing. =)

I have tomorrow off....I think I'll finish laundry and paint my nails. Yup...sounds like a WONDERFUL idea. =)

I can't wait to go home to visit.......=)
Miss all ya'll!

3 comments:

  1. Chelsea was pretty hilarious...and I love that I got to be a part of most of the things you listed in your weekend!! I like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on Britt, Sometimes I think God just says go and have a good time!! Were counting down the days till we get to see you, I think Mom has it down to the exact minute!! I Love You Sweety,enjoy your day off, sounds like you've earned it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool beans...I love it that you had a fun day. I think God is okay with that... :) You totally deserve it! Funny you cried in church, I shed a couple of tears myself...Evangeline asked me how the Revelation song went...so I started to sing it to her. Thats when the tears started. But its okay to cry...sometimes it feels good. Reminds me how much I really do love and miss you! :)
    Only 83 more days until I get to see you! You are doing great and I am a proud mama!!!!
    Love ya.
    Momma-sita

    ReplyDelete