Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Common Grace & Baked Goods

It's been an entire week since I've blogged?!?!

Whoa.

I didn't even realize that it had been that long. =) My bad....

Hmmm....let's see....this week has been alright so far. (Then again, it's only Tuesday. And Tuesday is our first day back at the office. lol)

I've been on this crazy baking kick! What is my problem?!?! The other day after church I made Sour cream cookies and pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting. Then I made Tuna casserole for Renee and I for dinner. (Seth and Shannon are out of town until Sunday) It's kinda funny cuz Renee and I joke about being like a married couple. lol Like we'll get home and sit and talk about our day.....and tonight when she got home from the gym I had dinner ready for her. lol Homemade chicken strips and mac & cheese. And Brownies.....hahaha I gotta admit, it's kind of fun having a roommate. Especially one that you get along with. =)

ANYWAYS.....Today we met with Mike Lawson to go over last week's reading. The book of Judges and a chapter in Grudem's Bible Doctrine on "Common Grace"

Ok, am I the only one that's never heard of this before? Cuz I felt like a retard reading about it...like it was a COMPLETELY new concept for me. I was like blown away.

COMMON grace....not to be confused with saving grace.

Common grace is available to anyone, even unbelievers. And there was even a section in the book that talked about how God sometimes pours out this common grace on unbelievers MORE than believers. Like, have you ever thought to yourself that it's just not fair how some people, who happen to not be Christians, are just so talented, or wealthy, or blessed with beautiful children or whatever? Yeah, Cuz I have. And Grudem talks about how God sometimes blesses unbelievers in order that they might be saved. Reminds me of an ancient song..."It's your kindness, Lord, that leads us to repentance...." Yeah. Uh huh. Crazy.

I was just like in awe of the whole concept! Call me retarded if you want. =) But I found it fascinating. I wish I had my book with me to help me out a little here...lol

Anyways, this past week has been good. Been trying to stay in touch with people...although it's sometimes difficult. I always love getting texts or facebook messages from people back home though. Gotta admit, I miss everyone alot more than I thought I would. I find myself thinking about really random people that I didn't realize that I cared that much about....(wow that makes me sound like an awful person. But it's true.)

I'm so excited to see everyone again!!! I keep telling myself, "you'll be home visiting before you know it. Just relax."

That works for the most part. =)

Well...I just finished 1 Samuel tonight and I think I'm gonna get a little bit of a head start on 2 Samuel before heading to bed.

BY THE WAY, the pastor of Jubilee here in St. Louis challenged all the staff to do a 90 day Bible challenge....(reading through the entire Bible in 90 days) So...they've all been reading their brains out. Since us year-teamers have been reading through the Bible also (at a slower pace) we waited until they caught up with us in Judges, and now I plan on reading along with them on their 90-day plan. It's pretty much a book a day. Kinda crazy....but awesome at the same time. The accountability is great and it's kinda cool to just get an overview of the Bible. So many incredible stories!

=) I love Jesus.

Alrighty then...that's all for tonight, folks. Sorry there isn't something more interesting to talk about. =)

<3 & Miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment