Friday, October 2, 2009

There is a time to study, a time to dance, and a time to breathe...

Its official....the hype of the new college environment has died down. This isn't necessarily a good thing or a bad thing, just a thing.

I'm finally to the point where the true Gina-ness is starting to come out. The sarcasm, the whit, the charm, but even more prominently the part that makes me want to just scream at people who are being stupid. But I can tell you that I have still managed to keep my self control entact throgh all of this. :)

This week has brought a lot of firsts (good/bad)....

the first weekend spent studying instead of doing fun things.

the first witness of illegal drugs being openly flaunted in downtown

the first intramural volleyball game (we OWNED by the way. :))

the first day consisting of 4 tests in a row

the first D grade I have ever gotten on a test (in a subject I totally thought I aced.)

also the first A grade on a test (thank you Lebanon Christian School for making me take Bible)

the first tears since moving day.

the first night of looking at my wall pictures for 20 min. straight.

the first bad news.

the first pre-health and science club meeting. (yeah!)

the first roommate dissagreement

and the first visit from dad.

If you can't tell from the list of firsts, it has been a pretty rough week. It's finally setting in that this is really real. There is no such thing as not meeting someone because they aren't in your classes or don't hang out with the same crowd you do. Oh no. You kind of just have to accept the fact that you are probably going to meet everyone at one point or another. You, however; determine whether you will be friends with that person or not. Thats just how it works.

So yeah...getting used to the permanent aspect of college. As well as the academic aspect of it. Just so everybody knows, I AM still liking it, and I DO still have fun. I'm just venting a little about life and the curveballs it likes to throw us sometimes.

Hopefully everyone is enjoying their Friday. :)

Miss you guys in Lebanon, and Missouri and especially Missouri....:)

-Gina

2 comments:

  1. Awww. it is so good to hear from you. I've been wondering how you are....it sounds like you are getting settled in and comfortable with college life. Proud of you and the way that you jumped in with both feet, Gina. You're getting the full experience!
    You are a wonderful person to be around, I'm sure you have a ton of friends. Miss you and hope to see you soon....
    Love ya,
    Momma Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome, Gina. It is so great to hear you are doing well. We are very proud of you and the way that you jumped in with both feet. Sounds like you are developing a "College living" lifestyle. We miss you tons, but know that you are right where God wants you to be. Allow Him to show you all that He has for you this year....Love you tons, PearTree!
    Momma Sherry

    ReplyDelete