Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday oh Sunday

Another Sunday here in the Lou. =)

I'm doing better. (For those of you who don't know, ((since I have a fanbase of like 3 people besides my mom and dad LOL)) Sundays away from my home church have been the hardest thing for me to get used to here)

Wow...that was a confusing paragraph. =)

ANYWAYS Today was really quite incredible. This past week has really been quite incredible. God has just been like LAVISHING His love on me! I'm LITERALLY overwhelmed! Like, on the verge of tears at all times. It's insane.

I know this sounds retarded but sometimes I'm just amazed at the amount of love that God has for me. And when I'm in that place of realizing just how incredible I am in HIS eyes....I can hardly contain my excitement.

A few examples of God's Goodness:

This last week, we (year teamers) had a time of solitude....just spending 4 hours alone with God and then talking about if afterward. I had a HARD time getting focused at first...not really sure why. But once I did, God kept revealing all of these promises to me for my life! And I was like sitting on the couch sobbing because HE has such amazing plans for my life! I'm not saying that to brag, it's just that sometimes I don't really think about it...or I start to feel like I'm really not worthy of being loved so much and I imagine myself living a mediocre life. (<-------SIN) So yeah, that day was amazing.

We also spent a few hours one day praying and worshiping in one of the rooms downstairs @ the building. And while we were praying, God spoke something very clearly to me. And once again, I'm sitting there crying. And part of me thinks, "will I EVER be at the point where I can just hear from God and not be like, totally shocked to the point of tears that he would speak to ME?" and the other part of me thinks, "I NEVER want to get to the point where God's voice is just like any other voice."

We worked at the Food Pantry on Saturday morning.....Wow. Dillon was talking with one of the people that came to volunteer. He was a younger guy, and honestly, QUITE confused about "religion" and "Christianity." He was one of those guys that knows all the facts to disprove Jesus (or thinks he does anyways) and said that he's decided that "he's just not one of the ones that God has predestined" Wow..... So Dillon was having a conversation with this guy for a LONG time, And I was standing around the corner where the guy couldn't see me...just praying my guts out. And as I was praying I could see Dillon talking to him, and Dillon's face was just lit up...I could TELL by the look in his eyes that he LOVED this guy. (A new love for people is one thing that Dillon has really been praying for) And it brought tears to my eyes because I KNOW how badly Dillon wants to just love on people in a practical way, by just talking to them, and relating with them. Anyways, Dillon is gonna keep in touch with this guy. And I KNOW that God is going to do something amazing.

So, later Dillon came up to me and said, "hey, thanks for praying for me when I was talking to that guy" and I asked him how he knew I was praying for him...and he said, "Because I saw you standing there, and I immediately felt so much love for that guy! I knew it had to be from God!"

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <-------------scream of excitement!

This entire post has been so scatterbrained.....because I'm so overflowing with just excitement that I don't even know how to put it into words!

God spoke to me in the food pantry....showing me how gracious He's been to me, and giving me a glimpse of what it must be like to walk in those people's shoes....

God spoke to me again in church today, telling me to go pray for someone.....

And it's so insane to me because I've never experienced God on this level for this amount of time. I mean, at conferences, sure.....at summer camp, sure....but this is like a lifestyle change and I'm so freakin stoked about it that I don't know what to do with myself. ("I'm not sure what to do with my hands" hahaha Hopefully someone knows what movie that's from...)

THEN...this weekend the Lanfermans spent time with the leaders of the River Center....and John spoke in church this morning.....and I'm so stinkin excited for everyone back home to catch onto the vision of where God is taking us! It's so phenomenally enormous. And I'm not sure that I even just used that word properly...but I don't care. =)

OH MAN I'm stoked! For what God's doing....for Lebanon.....for life. =)

Alrighty then, I think I've taken up enough of you're time....
IF you want to hear an amazing song that'll bring you to tears every time, click here....


Alright....peace out cub scouts. =)

Love and miss you all!

2 comments:

  1. Aaaahhhh I'm so freakin excited for you and what God is doing in you! AND next time you have cool stories, you ARE going to tell me in person so I don't have to read it through your blog!

    P.S. I know that quote...oh Ricky Bobby... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....so God is loving on you???? Why wouldn't He? That has been my daily prayer since you left home....to get to know God in a whole new way, for you to enjoy His presence and for Him to just love on you like you've never been loved on before. He is so amazing....all we have to do is ask, and in his time, He follows through with those good, good things! Dad and I have always felt like God has amazing things planned for your life, it's so exciting to see them played out! Thank you for allowing that to take place in your life. You will never be the same.
    Speaking of that....we had the privilege of being with the Lanfermans this last weekend. Wow...now I see what you mean. They are wonderful people. So easy to visit with, confortable to be around and overflowing with the love of Jesus. It was so awesome to hear his view and his definition of "grace". Loved every minute that we were able to be with them. We will never be the same, having had the chance to meet them.
    Lifestyle change? Wow that's huge....I'm very excited to be able to spend some time with you and pick your brain a little....(only 55 more days by the way!) We have a lot of "catching up" to do!
    Love you so much, and love reading this blog....challenges me at times, and encourages me all the time!
    Love,
    Homma

    ReplyDelete