Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Settling in...



Wow. Day two of official Year Team activities. Exciting...

I'm starting to calm down a little. Night #1 was somewhat difficult. Last night I actually slept so that's a plus. =)


I keep reminding myself, it's only 9 months.....while at the same time reminding myself that it IS ONLY 9 months...so I'd better suck in every ounce of everything God has for me because I know it's going to be over before I know it.


We got our books yesterday. 6 books.....plus the entire Bible. Wow. =) Good thing there's a starbucks nearby ;)


The people here truly are amazing. Very welcoming...down-to-earth....NORMAL people. =) I like normal people....lol My host family is amazing too. We had family dinner tonight. It was delicious. =)

So yeah....trying to get into the groove of things. Figuring out when we do what and how to manage our time as efficiently as possible. Everything (including the reading) really starts next week. Sooo......in the mean time me and the guys are doing random stuff (cleaning, moving things, setting things up) and spending time in our "office" =) Yup, you heard me....we have an OFFICE. lol and I have a desk! (Thank you Missy for the fun office supplies...my desk is well stocked...and thank you Karen E for the gumballs...the boys ate them ALL today lol)

Keep the prayers coming!

Love you guys....

Brit

No comments:

Post a Comment