Monday, August 24, 2009

Recap of week #1 in the Lou...


Wow. I've been here a week. Crazyness. It feels like way longer than that!
Today was our first "day off" so we went to the St. Louis Zoo...it was actually really cool. And free. =) I like free.... lol

But last night...oh my goodness....not much can be better than a night like last night.

A small group of people wanted to hang out...I was under the impression that we were going to "chill" maybe play games...I dunno. But when i got there, everyone wanted to sing worship songs and pray. I was like alright, cool. (honestly, as lame as this sounds, I don't remember ever getting together at someones house just to have a mini-worship session just for the heck of it. But after this night, I'm pretty sure that I'd like to do it more often!)

Ok, So...we're singing, praying...and Amie is talking about how sometimes we need to stop requesting things of God and just worship Him for who HE is and how thankful we are and in doing that He wants to do amazing things for us.

So we continued to just worship God for his goodness and love and Ryan suggested that we pray for specific people. We all went around the room and said someone we wanted to pray for. So as we're praying for Ryan's friend, Jesse, Ryan's cell phone rings loudly and interrupts us...and it was Jesse calling! We were like "dude...wow" =) So Ryan goes in the other room to talk to him and we can overhear him like preaching the gospel to this guy! So we continue to pray for the conversation that's happening at that very moment. And Amie has a vision of Ryan giving Jesse a gift. And Ryan didn't know what this gift was but he was just faithful to give it.

So...Ryan comes back in the room. The conversation was really good. This guy was searching.

Coincidence? I think not.

So, we start to pray for Dillons friend, Corey. We start praying...and go on to pray for some other people...and Dillon gets a text from Corey saying "we need to find a time to hang out and talk"

SERIOUSLY?!?!? =)

Coincidence? I think not.

At this point, we're all cracking up laughing! Like, "God? What the heck are you doing?!?!" lol

So we move on to pray for Mitch's friend, Amie's family, Renee's family, Latitude, and my brother, Cory. Meanwhile, I'm hearing my phone vibrate in my purse and I'm like "holy moly....could God really be THAT amazing? maybe it's Cory!" So I check my phone...missed call...voicemail...last missed call was Gus. *sigh* Guess it's not the time. I go back to sitting down and Dillon has a vision of a father holding his baby son in his arms and a little daughter jumping up and down saying "daddy, cover him up with this blanket!" and the father says "Daughter, I see your compassion and love but remember, I KNOW how to take care of my child" Wow.

Then Ryan has a word about how when Lazarus died, Jesus wept. He had compassion for the sisters, wept with them, and the proceeded to raise Lazarus from the dead. (read John 11...it makes alot more sense than I just made lol)

Anyways....lots of praying, worshipping, encouraging one another. It was an amazing night.
I get home...plop down on the couch to send a quick e-mail...and my phone rings.

It's Cory.

Coincidence? I think not.

No stinkin way! Let me just tell you..it was all I could do to hold in the tears as I talked to him.
After we talked, I remembered that I had a voicemail. I listen to it....and it was Cory also! Come to find out, It WAS Cory that had called when we were praying. but when I looked, I only saw the last missed call and I had actually missed two.

*Sigh* God is amazing. Someone made the comment that that night was like, "God, in real time" Or "the 21st-century God" sending texts...using cell phones....

We worship an amazing God.

For such a time as this, I was placed upon this earth.
To hear the voice of God and do HIS will, whatever it is.

I'm sorry this was so wordy...I'm just so pumped my fingers are flying a million miles an hour trying to type this all out!

I've got some reading to do. I'm only half way through Genesis and it has to be finished by the end of this week

Miss you all....but I'm VERY glad to be in St. Louis, EXACTLY where God wants me! =)

-Brit

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!
    Yep, I read your blog. =P How lame is that, right? Not because it's a blog, but because I'm one of a million clarks. Someone in this family has to, right??

    Brittney, I'm so glad you had that experience! I was just talking to my friend Micayla a few days ago about a similar situation. The whole worshipping God on a family/friend get together; she didn't even know the people that she was with. I mean, she did a little, but not good enough to call them her friend, you know?
    I'm not sure if the whole calling after praying happened, but the way she was talking to me, I could tell that God had found another way into her heart. She's been a Christian for a very long time, but I think she has a new way of looking at Christianity now. I could tell, just by the way she talked about it. It was so casual; an everyday topic.
    A lot of people are afraid to talk about God. Honestly, I never do unless it's brought up.

    Sorry, I'm kinda getting sidetracked. All to say, congrats! And good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, girls....no posting since Monday? No news worth reporting? I think not! Honestly, I'm just dying to know what's going on in your lives right now. Gina, You're at Warner...how is it your first day? Brit, You survived the Cardinals game....that's so awesome that you got to do that...

    I'm a very proud momma of both of you girls. God has fabulous plans for both of you and I can't wait to see it all played out! Keep me posted, I'm praying daily for ya'all and it clues me in on specific things to pray for.
    Love you both,
    Momma Sherry

    ReplyDelete