Saturday, August 29, 2009

Writing from the Lou....

Oh man oh man. I haven't blogged for awhile. I guess I didn't feel like I had anything significant to say. =)

Went to a Cardinal's game this week for Josiah's birthday. That was a BLAST! =) I seriously loved it.

Today we got up at the crack of crack and went to the church to help with "angel food" then we got to go out to a lake and swim around...ride in the boat....get sun burned. It was BEAUTIFUL out there. I'll post pics on facebook in a lil while. Had a wonderful ride home with Renee and Amie. They're pretty much amazing. They're SO much like my friends at home....*sigh* God is good. =) I was worried that I'd be TOO crazy for people...and maybe freak them out. But...pretty sure things are gonna work out just fine ;) And some day soon, I plan on completely releasing my "crazy"

This week was.....well....a little more rough than last week. God has been speaking to me, showing me areas I need to work on, which is good. Humbling, but good.

It is REALLY different spending a HUGE chunk of my time with 3 boys and at times I get a little frustrated with it. Mostly just because we're still learning how to be a team. I KNOW that God placed me in this place, with these guys, for a purpose. I keep reminding myself of that and so far I've only had one break-down moment =)

So.....yeah......it's been a good week. Tomorrow we have a college age BBQ after church. Kinda excited about that. I love hanging out with these people!

K...that's all for this time folks!

Miss ya'll!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty cool that you got to go to the lake, not the same as the river, but still pretty cool. :) God truly is amazing. He linked you up with two gals that are like you.Now if I were you I would be a little gun shy about releasing your "crazy". We, here in oregon, who all know and love you dearly...love that crazyness about you, but you can't scare them off...they are all you've got. :)
    Seriously though...keep your sweet chin up Brittney. For such a time as this, you were placed in that place. God has plans for you, and I can tell you are ready to receive all that He is ready to pour out.
    Very proud of you, my sweet daughter...I love and miss you so very much! You are an absolutely amazing gal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittney I'm so proud of you.. Sounds like God is already doing some amazing things for you back there.. Everything sounds good, but next time you go swimming or go within 50 feet of water I think it would be a good idea if you wore your arm floaties!! Sounds silly, but safety first:-) I love you tons sweety!!! Your Awesome..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got up at the crack of crack?? Thats a new one...you always have new ones. haha. Well sounds like ur having a good time up there...i sure hope so:) Good thing you have some cool friends back there...it would be miserable if they were bums...lol^.^ Well i miss ya tons...and douglas does too. He is acting a little bit normal now..but i still dont think he's forgotten about you. But anyways..have a good week up there...and keep it up..ur doin great. We all miss u back here. But we'll all make it, including you. Love ya tons, sis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brittney I'm so glad you are as crazy as us! I want to see more though! Reveal that "crazy" to us! :)

    That was such a great ride home! And your first experience at Sonic! What a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete