Thursday, August 20, 2009

Webster University

Today we went to Webster university to help the freshman move in. What an amazing, exhausting experience! The whole time I was there, God was speaking to me that THIS is what it's all about. Serving people, loving people, going to where the people are and meeting their PRACTICAL needs. I loved to see the look on their faces when they pulled their car up....10 people swarmed the car, and literally less than 5 minutes later everything was unpacked and delivered to their dorm room. They were SO blessed and shocked. As things started to slow down people started to as where we were from and why our shirts said "Latitude" (name of the college group @ Jubilee church). So we had the chance to tell them a little about Latitude and even then they didn't understand why we would just go help....for nothing in return.

God is Good.

I've been here for 3 days...Already I've met so many amazing people. After we finished at Webster, we went to dinner at the Royale. Yum. While we were sitting there eating I was just kinda watching everyone talk...(I like to observe. lol) And I was absolutely amazed at how much they remind me of my closest friends.
They talk like we do, they joke like we do, they laugh at the same stupid things...(Gina, Chris, Nancy, Brent....oh how I miss your guts) Anyways, it's a huge blessing to be surrounded by people that I already feel like I know.

God is Good.

I think I already said that =)

Honest truth, I miss home. HOWEVER, today I'm really positive about the fact that this year is going to be so full of amazing times that I wish I had a video camera to just record every moment so I don't forget.

*sigh* God really is good......

1 comment:

  1. i hope someone nice like you from somewhere shows up to surround our car at warner....(crossed fingers)
    the mama

    ReplyDelete